Hardwood flooring is both luxurious and one of the most desirable types of flooring. Just like tile, there are many choices in types of hardwood (grade of the hardwood is also a factor), its shape and its colors. Hardwood flooring comes in two kinds, solid and engineered. Solid hardwood is exactly that, solid. It is cut as one piece. Engineered hardwood is also made of real wood, however it consists of several wood composite veneers.
· Timeless style which adds elegance to a home or business.
· Can be sanded and stained to change aesthetic look in future.
· Versatile with all styles of decorating from traditional to modern.
· More costly compared to other flooring applications.
· Not pet friendly. Can and will dent and scratch easily.
· Does not tolerate moisture well and expands and contracts with humidity. Liquid must be cleaned immediately to prevent warping.
· Difficult to repair when damaged.
Will your new flooring be installed in an area of the home that is subject to moisture? Basement, bathroom, laundry, or kitchen? Let us help you decide on a flooring product that can withstand humidity variation.