Tile flooring is extremely durable. Most tile will last longer than the house. Tile is very versatile and comes in many colors, sizes, and styles. Because it is so durable, it does not require much in the way of upkeep. Tile itself is easy to clean. Tile (especially porcelain and ceramic) is one of the cheapest flooring surfaces around. When factoring in the longevity and durability, tile is one of the most cost-effective floors to install. Other types of tile (stone, granite, marble, glass, limestone) can become quite costly. Recommend a professional flooring contractor for installation.
· Most tile flooring is water resistant making it a great application in kitchens and bathrooms.
· Eco-friendly due to being made out raw materials, like sand, glass, or clay.
· Tile in areas of your home can increase property values.
· Grout is not easy to clean and should be resealed every 3-5 years.
· A tile surface is hard to stand on for long periods of time.
· Objects dropped on tile flooring can sometimes cause the tile to crack.
Investing in new floor installation is a big decision and not all flooring is created equal. Let us help you select a product that best matches your needs.